Beware of SEO Scams06 March 2017 by Caroline Levey
SEO in a nutshell
SEO or Search Engine Optimisation is the process of using certain strategies, techniques and tactics to increase the visibility and number of visitors to your website and has become widely adopted as an online marketing strategy because of its effectiveness.
While SEO consultants can provide clients with valuable services, some unethical SEO consultants have given the industry a bad name through their aggressive marketing efforts and unrealistic claims to try and win over clients.
Have you fallen victim to an SEO scam?
Have you recently been caught signing an SEO contract and are uncertain of the value you are getting out? Did your “SEO Specialist” guarantee you a first-page ranking? Or you received an unrequested report with a lot of frightening statistics that cover items such as page rank and meta descriptions?
One needs to be cautious before signing a contract with a company calling themselves “SEO Specialists” and should consider the following:
- Are you completely aware of what your SEO consultant is doing for example what content and meta data is being changed and what ranking factors will they be focusing on such as content, link building, mobile friendliness etc?
- Have you asked your SEO consultant to indicate the deliverables and time periods?
- Refrain from paying for an “SEO Specialist” to audit your website as there are free tools you can use online.
- Did you know that you can track the performance of your website for the chosen keywords?
- Ensure your SEO consultant is able to qualify for their work by giving you reports of what they have done with dates and timelines.
Contact Online Innovations for straight up advice on how to handle any of the above situations. We will assist you with the required tools to ensure your SEO provider is, in fact, delivering on their promises.
We have been developing SEO ready websites for 17 years and strive to ensure that we apply to as many rules as possible by handing in sitemaps and reports. We offer SEO optimisation as a stand-alone service but bear in mind that effective SEO may require changes to the HTML source code of the site and site content. This is why we always encourage our clients to allow us to incorporate SEO tactics into the website at development and design level for best results; or else as part of a broader SEM campaign.